Kheera (Cucumber) Raita
Cucumber or kheera Raita is a delightful refreshing dish and adds very good taste to any meal. Cucumber dip in curd or yogurt typically served with paratha and full meal. Spices in this raita makes very yummy taste. Cucumber or kheera raita usually served during summer to counter the heat in the body and also it tastes very good.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 2 People
Cost 12 rupee
- 1 unit Cucumber (Kheera)
- 150 grams Curd (Yogurt)/ Dahi, Beat the curd
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper / Kali Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Cumin / Jeera Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander leaves / Dhaniya Patti
- 1/4 tsp Chilly / Lal Mirch Powder
- as per taste Salt / Namak, add half white salt as we need to add black salt as well
- as per taste Black Salt / Kala namak, add half black salt as we already added white salt
- Take cucumber ( kheera ), peel off the cucumber.
- Grate the cucumber / kheera with grater.
- Take the curd / dahi and beat the curd
- Add grated cucumber / Kheera into beaten curd / dahi.
- Add all the spices black salt, cumin powder, black pepper, red chilly powder, white salt.
- Mix all the spices with curd.
- Sprinkle Coriander leave in the raita. Serve the raita with meal or paratha.
- Cucumber (Cucumis sativus) is a widely cultivated plant in the gourd family, Cucurbitaceae.
- It is a creeping vine that bears cucumiform fruits that are used as vegetables.
- There are three main varieties of cucumber: slicing, pickling, and seedless. Within these varieties, several cultivars have been created.
- In a 100-gram serving, raw cucumber (with peel) is 95% water, provides 67 kilojoules (16 kilocalories) and supplies low content of essential nutrients, as it is notable only for vitamin K at 16% of the Daily Value (table).
Serving: 100grams | Calories: 0.098kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.4g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 4.3g | Saturated Fat: 1.7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.8g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 364mg | Potassium: 104mg | Sugar: 2.7g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 0.1mg