Pigeon Pea with Onion Tomato Tempering/ Arhar(Tur) Daal Pyaz Tamatar Tadka/ Arhar Daal Fry
Tur /Arhar dal/ pigeon pea is very important to our food, people who eat only vegetable food are often deficient in protein. Tur/ Arhar dal/ pigeon pea is rich in protein. Pulses are very beneficial in making your muscles, so include pulses in your food every day. By the way, there are manytypes of lentils, such as lentils, gram, moong, urad, etc. Today we will learn tur dal / Arhar dal/ pigeon pea here, in which we will also add onion and tomato tempering.To make the tur /Arhar dal/ pigeon pea with the tempering of onion and tomato, make the following method step by step…
Servings 4 people
- Pressure Cooker
- Kadhai / Fry Pan
- Big Spoon
- 125 grams Arhar Dal / Toor Dal / Pigeon Pea
- 1 tsp Turmeric (haldi) powder
- 1 unit Tomato / Tamatar, chopped
- 1 unit Onion / Pyaz, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic / Lahsun, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 tsp Desi Ghee or Butter
- 1/2 inch Ginger/ Adrak
- 500 grams Water / Pani
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed / Jeera
- 1 pinch Asafoetida / Heeng
- 1 unit Whole Red Chilly / Lal Mirch
Salt as per taste
- Take 125 grams of arhar/ tur dal / Pigeon Pea.
- Wash arhar/tur dal at least 4 times with fresh and clean water, and put it into a cooker.
- Add 500 milliliters of water and one tsp turmeric and salt as per taste, add about 5 grams of salt to 125 grams of arhar/ tur daal or you can add salt according to
your taste. cover the cooker with lid.
- After this, close the pressure cooker lid, put the pressure cooker on the gas and turn the flame on high.
- Wait for 2 whistles to come on the high flame and one on the low flame.
- After that switch off the gas.
- Wait for the pressure to come out of the cooker.
- Once pressure release, transfer the arhar/ tur dal in a bowl.
- Finely chop garlic, onion, green chili, and ginger.
- Finely chop one tomato.
- Take kadhai or fry pan and put 1 tsp desi ghee in a kadhai or frying pan.
- Once the desi ghee becomes hot, put cumin seed in the kadhai/ fry pan.When cumin starts crackling after that add chopped garlic after 10 sec similarly adds chopped onion and whole red chilly and add ginger slices. Break red chili in two pieces and add them.
- Fry the onion and garlic till it becomes brown. Add one pinch of asafoetida in the kadhai /fry pan.
- Add the chopped tomato in the kadhai/ fry pan and add a small amount of salt, salt should be according to the quantity of tomato, fry the tomato.
- Place the lid on the kadhai/ fry pan, so that the tomato will be properly cooked.
Remove the lid after 30 seconds and mash the tomato with a spatula.
Do not make juice of tomato mixture.
- Once the tomato is cooked, add the cooked arhar daal in the kadhai (fry pan).
Add 1/4 tsp mango (amchur) powder (optional).
- Place the lid of kadhai for 30 seconds.
- As Pigeon Pea with Onion Tomato Tempering/ Arhar(Tur) Daal Pyaz Tamatar, Tadka/ Arhar Daal Fry daal is ready to eat.
- Transfer the daal in the serving bowl. You can also add coriander leaves in the last step. Arhar Daal Fry is ready, Enjoy Arhar Daal Fry with chapati and rice.
- Eat the lentils with rice, if you are going to eat rice with lentils, then add half or one teaspoon of desi ghee on top of the tur / arhar dal/ pigeon pea, eat indigenous ghee and dal rice will be very tasty.
- Tur / arhar dal/ pigeon pea can also be eaten with bread and vegetables.
- Enjoy the food.
Serving: 100grams | Calories: 38kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 2g | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg