Dahi Ke Aloo / Curd Potato Curry
Curd potatoes are very tasty to eat, you can also eat curd potatoes alone and eat it with bread or rice. You can also eat curd potatoes with poori Yogurt is very good for health. Yogurt is eaten every season. Curd potatoes are very easy to make and also very tasty to eat. And very light for the stomach. If you have a bad stomach or a heavy stomach, then curd potatoes will help a lot. Follow the steps given below to make yogurt potatoes….
Servings 4 People
- Pressure Cooker
- Kadhai / Fry Pan
- 4 Unit Potato / Aloo
- 10 Seed Coriander Seeds / Dhaniya Ka Beej, Break in pestle
- 2 Unit Green Chili / Hari Mirch, Chopped
- 3 tsp coriander leaves, Chopped
- 2 Unit Cloves / Laung, Break in pestle
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed / Jeera
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrak, Chopped
- 2 tsp Oil / Desi Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 200 Grams Curd / Yogurt, Beat the curd
- as per taste Salt / Namak
- To make curd potatoes, first, take potatoes.
- Put 4 light cuts in the potato, it will be easy to peel after boiling the potato.
- Now put the potatoes in the cooker and add water and add a little salt as well. Turn off the cooker and put it on the gas and put 2 whistles in the cooker.
- When the pressure in the cooker is gone, then peel the potato peel.
- And break the potatoes lightly by hand.
- Now put the kadai / pan on the gas.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil or desi ghee in the kadhai/pan.
Desi ghee makes the vegetable taste very good.
- So I would advise you to add desi ghee.
If you want, you can also add desi ghee in the last.
- When the desi ghee or oil is hot, add cumin seeds in the kadhai/pan.
- When the cumin starts crackling, add 2 cloves crushed in the Kadai / pan.
- Put 10 grains of coriander in it.
- Then add chopped green chilies and chopped the ginger.
Mix and cook all the spices well.
- Now add a teaspoon of turmeric. Cook the turmeric.
- And put potatoes in a kadhai.
- Mix the potatoes in the spices.
Now cook the potatoes for 3 minutes to 4 minutes.
- Then add 200 grams of beaten curd.
- And mix the curd with potatoes, turn the flame on high and keep stirring the curd.
- Stir the curd till the stock starts boiling.
- If you stop running curd then the curd will burst.
So the yogurt has to be stirred continuously.
- When the stock comes to a boil then add half a glass of water and stir again
Pour water after it boils.
- Now add salt after boiling again.
And add half teaspoon red chilies.
- And reduce the flame. Now add chopped coriander.
- And also add a spoonful of desi ghee.
And cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- If the curd is not too sour then you can also add tartaric or lemon salt.
- Add a very small amount of lemon salt of tartaric.Turn off the gas after cooking for 2 minutes.
- Now put curd potatoes in the serving bowl and serve with roti or rice.
You can enjoy curd aloo/yogurt potato with poori.
Salt should be added to curry in the last when curry starts boiling otherwise curd will break.
28 thoughts on “Dahi Ke Aloo / Curd(yogurt) Potato Curry”
Very tasty recipe, i tried it. thankyou so much for sharing.
Thank you so much dear for appreciating.
Awesome recipe… I tried it. It goes very well with chapati.
Everyone in my family likes it.
Thank you for sharing it.
keep sharing such recipe.
Thank you for such valuable feedback,kindly give me feedback on other recipes and share with your friends as well.
This method is great if you have boiled potatoes at hand or if you boil potatoes for your weekly meal prep. This potato curry will come together in 10 minutes if you have boiled potatoes. I skipped boiling the potatoes separately, and just added raw cut potatoes after the tempering and pressure cooked them with some water. Then I did a quick release and added whisked yogurt while stirring continuously. That is all, garnish and Dahi Aloo are ready to enjoy!
Hi Thomas, You can do this way also,
when you boil the potatoes and mash them lightly, then they thicken the curry,
Or you can also lightly mash some pieces of potato with a spoon after or in between cooking the curry, It increases the curry taste, this is the only purpose is to boil the potatoes, otherwise the yogurt and potato gravy will be sepearte in the curry. But you are right, I will also put a possible case in the next recipe. Thank you
Thank you for trying the recipe and the feedback, please make more recipes and give your valuable feedback.
Today, I went to the beachfront with my children. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old
daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She
put the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a
hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to
go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!
Yeah, it’s not related but It’s good you shared what you had in your mind. Keep smiling. Kindly visit my website and give feedback also.
That is very interesting, You’re a very professional blogger.
I’ve joined your feed and look forward to in search of extra of your wonderful post.
Additionally, I have shared your site in my social networks
Thank you so much for appreciation and sharing my website. That’s mean a lot. Thanks and keep visiting some more recipes.
Hi there, just wanted to tell you, I loved this blog post.
It was helpful. Keep on posting!
Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me
out a lot. I’m hoping to present something back
and aid others such as you aided me.
Hi there Dear, are you in fact visiting this web page regularly, if so after that you will absolutely get nice knowledge.
I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this blog.
I really hope to see the same high-grade content from
you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own, personal site now 😉
That is a great tip particularly to those fresh to the blogosphere.
Short but very accurate info… Thanks for sharing this one.
A must read post!
Thanks very nice blog!
These are genuinely great ideas in concerning blogging.
You have touched some fastidious factors here. Any way
keep up wrinting.
Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account
your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently fast.
Thanks designed for sharing such a pleasant thinking, article is fastidious,
thats why i have read it entirely
Hi there, I found your site by means of Google whilst looking for
a similar subject, your site came up, it appears to be like great.
I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Hi there, just turned into aware of your weblog thru Google, and located that it
is really informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels.
I will appreciate when you continue this in future.
A lot of other people can be benefited from your writing.
I really like reading through a post that can make people think.
Also, many thanks for allowing for me to comment!
wonderful issues altogether, you just received a new reader.
What may you suggest about your submit that you made some days ago?
This blog was… how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally
I have found something which helped me. Appreciate it!
Yes! Finally someone writes about บาคาร่า.
Someone essentially help to make significantly articles I’d state.
That is the first time I frequented your web page and so
far? I surprised with the research you made
to create this actual post extraordinary. Fantastic job!
I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought
this post was good. I don’t know who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger
if you are not already 😉 Cheers!
My partner and I stumbled over here different web address and thought I should check things out.
I like what I see so now i’m following you.
Look forward to looking over your web page for a second time.
Hmm is anyone else having problems with the pictures on this blog loading?
I’m trying to find out if its a problem on my end
or if it’s the blog. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.