Baingan Bharta / Brinjal Bharta
Brinjal puree is a very tasty recipe. Brinjal Bharta can be made in many ways. You can also add peas to brinjal, But I will tell you how to make brinjal very easy and delicious. Follow the steps mentioned below to make Brinjal Bharta.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 Unit Brinjal Bharta, weight should be approx 200 grams
- 1 Unit Big Onion, Chopped finely
- 2 Unit Big Tomato / Bade Tamatar, Chopped finely
- 1 Unit Green Chili / Hari Mirch, Chopped finely
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrak, Chopped finely
- 4 clove Garlic / Lahsun, Chopped finely
- 1 tsp Cumin / Jeera Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Coriander leaves / Dhaniya Patti
- 1/2 tsp Amchur Powder
- as per taste Salt / Namak
- 3 tsp Oil
- Take an eggplant to make brinjal bharta. Wash the brinjals.
- Peel 4 garlic. And put the garlic eggplant in a small hole so that half the garlic remains inside the eggplant and half outside the eggplant.
- Now switch on the gas and place an iron plate on the gas so that it will be easy to cook by placing eggplant on it.
- Now place the brinjals on an iron plate.
- And cook the eggplants.
- Keep turning the sides of the eggplant continuously so that the whole eggplant is easily cooked from each side.
- When the eggplant is cooked, its skin will start to get lighter.
- When the eggplant is half cooked, push the garlic inside the eggplant.
- When the eggplant is cooked, its skin will start to peel lighter.
- Now remove the eggplant from the gas.
- When the eggplants become slightly cold cut off the top of the brinjal.
- And remove the eggplant peel.
- Remove the peel of the brinjal. No peel should be avoided at all.
- Throw the eggplant peel.
- After this, make a knife incision in the brinjal.
- If there are seeds in the brinjal, remove the seeds with the help of a spoon.
- When the seeds are out, mash the brinjals with the help of a spoon.
- Now finely chop the onion.
- Finely chop tomatoes.
- Cut 1 inch ginger into slices. Also cut green chilies.
- Now put the kadai / pan on the gas.
- Put 3 tsp oil in the kadai / pan.
- When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds to it.
- When the cumin starts crackling add asafoetida to it.
- Then add green chili.
- Then add chopped onions.
- Add chopped ginger too.
- Fry onion. When the onion turns light brown.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, Now mix tomatoes.
- Add 1 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder and salt as per taste.
- Now cook tomatoes and onions with spices. When the masala is cooked, it will leave oil.
- Then add mashed eggplant.
- Mix the eggplant with the spices. Turn down the flame to medium, And cook for 3 minutes. Keep stirring the brinjals in between.
- After cooking for 3 minutes add half teaspoon garam masala and half teaspoon amchur powder. Do not add amchur powder if you do not like too much sourness.
- Cook for 2 more minutes. And finally add chopped coriander.
- And cook for 1 minute.
- And serve with roti or paratha.