Baingan Bharta / Mashed Egg Plant
Brinjal puree is a very tasty recipe. Brinjal Bharta can be made in many ways. You can also add peas to brinjal, But I will tell you how to make brinjal very easy and delicious. Follow the steps mentioned below to make Brinjal Bharta.
Servings 4 People
- Kadhai / Fry Pan
- Big Spoon
- 1 Unit Brinjal / Baigan, weight should be approx 200 grams
- 1 Unit Big Onion/ Bada Pyaz, Chopped finely
- 2 Unit Big Tomato / Bada Tamatar, Chopped finely
- 1 Unit Green Chili / Hari Mirch, Chopped finely
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrak, Chopped finely
- 4 clove Garlic / Lahsun, Chopped finely
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed / Jeera
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander leaves / Dhaniya Patti
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mango Powder/ Amchur Powder
- as per taste Salt / Namak
- 3 tsp Oil / Tel
- Take an eggplant to make brinjal bharta. Wash the brinjals.
- Peel 4 garlic. And put the garlic eggplant in a small hole so that half the garlic remains inside the eggplant and half outside the eggplant.
- Now switch on the gas and place an iron plate on the gas so that it will be easy to cook by placing eggplant on it.
- Now place the brinjals on an iron plate.
- And cook the eggplants.
- Keep turning the sides of the eggplant continuously so that the whole eggplant is easily cooked from each side.
- When the eggplant is cooked, its skin will start to get lighter.
- When the eggplant is half cooked, push the garlic inside the eggplant.
- When the eggplant is cooked, its skin will start to peel lighter.
- Now remove the eggplant from the gas.
- When the eggplants become slightly cold cut off the top of the brinjal.
- And remove the eggplant peel.
- Remove the peel of the brinjal. No peel should be avoided at all.
- Throw the eggplant peel.
- After this, make a knife incision in the brinjal.
- If there are seeds in the brinjal, remove the seeds with the help of a spoon.
- When the seeds are out, mash the brinjals with the help of a spoon.
- Now finely chop the onion.
- Finely chop tomatoes.
- Cut 1 inch ginger into slices. Also cut green chilies.
- Now put the kadai / pan on the gas.
- Put 3 tsp oil in the kadai / pan.
- When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds to it.
- When the cumin starts crackling add asafoetida to it.
- Then add green chili.
- Then add chopped onions.
- Add chopped ginger too.
- Fry onion. When the onion turns light brown.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, Now mix tomatoes.
- Add 1 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder and salt as per taste.
- Now cook tomatoes and onions with spices. When the masala is cooked, it will leave oil.
- Then add mashed eggplant.
- Mix the eggplant with the spices.
Turn down the flame to medium,
And cook for 3 minutes.
Keep stirring the brinjals in between.
- After cooking for 3 minutes add half teaspoon garam masala and half teaspoon amchur powder. Do not add amchur powder if you do not like too much sourness.
- Cook for 2 more minutes.
And finally, add chopped coriander.
- And cook for 1 minute.
- And serve with roti or paratha.
- If you consider the eggplant as flatulent, and then avoid eating it, then you will be deprived of the potassium and fiber present in it.
- 100 grams of brinjal has essential ingredients such as 618 mg potassium, 525 mg calcium, 17 grams carbohydrates, 6 mg iron, 6.4 mg vitamin A and 8 grams protein.
- With this, the problem of insomnia is overcome and the body’s immunity increases.
Serving: 100gram | Calories: 37kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 21mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg