Aloo Paratha / Stuffed Potato Flatbread( Forota )
Aloo Paratha / Stuffed Potato Flatbread is very delicious to eat, this paratha can be eaten either with green chutney/ sauce or with cord and raita. Today we will see how to make Aloo Paratha / Stuffed Potato Flatbread, to make this paratha follow step by step…
Servings 6 people
Cost 25 rupee
- Griddle/ Tawa
- Big Bowl/ Vessel
- Rolling Board/ Chakla
- Rolling Pin/ Belan
- Tongs/ Chimta
- 100 grams Wheat flour/ Aata
- 200 grams Potato/ Aloo
- 2 tsp Coriander leaves / Dhaniya Patti
- 1 unit Green
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Powder / Lal Mirch Powder
- 1/2 tsp Raw Mango Powder/Amchur Powder
- 10 tsp Oil/ Desi Ghee/ Butter
- Take about 100 grams or 1 cup of flour in a bowl.
- Add 1/4 tsp of salt in it.
- Mix salt well and take some water. Knead the dough by adding a little water, take care not to add more water at one time.
- For making potato stuffed paratha, we should take care that the consistency of dough should match with the consistency of stuffings.
- My suggestion is, don't make dough hard like poori's dough. Dough should be little soft.
- Once the dough has been made, sprinkle some drops of water on the dough and let is rest for some time or for 5 minutes.
- And cover the dough with the plate.
- Now we will make potato stuffing. For that we will take 200 grams of potato and boil them on the two whistle of pressure cooker. Once the gas released from the pressure cooker. Open the pressure cooker and peel the potato.
- Properly mash the potatoes, either with hands or with grater, there should not be any lumps in the potato.
- Take one chilli and chop finely in very small pieces.
- Take 2 tsp of finely chopped green coriander leaves.
- Add green chilli and green coriander leaves with mashed potato.
- Add one tsp of coriander powder and salt as per taste to the potato.
- Mix all the spices in the potato and add 1/2 tsp of dry mango powder and 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder, if you want you can skip red chilli powder.
- Mix amchur/ raw mango powder and red chilli powder with potato. Check if the salt is proper or not.
- Now potato stuff is ready and we will see the dough which we cover with the plate earlier. Set the dough.
- Put the griddle( tawa ) on the gas, gas flame should be high.
- Take dough, flour dust and oil to make the paneer stuffed paratha.
- Take 40 grams of dough. Round the dough.
- Wrap the dough with the flour dust.
- Roll out the dough about 4 inch of diameter.
- Put potato stuffing on the bread, put approximately 1.5 tsp to 2 tsp of potato stuffing.
- Make stuffed balls by pressing the corners of the bread, so that the stuffings are properly filled inside.
- Make the ball of dough with light hand.
- Wrap the dough ball with flour dust.
- Roll out flatbread/ paratha with rolling pin on the rolling board. Diameter of flatbread/ paratha should be around 5.5 inch.
- Take care to roll the paratha with light pressure by rolling pin so that the stuffings do not come out.
- Griddle should be hot by this time. Now put the flatbread/ paratha on the griddle.
- Flip the side of flatbread/ paratha after 30 seconds with the help of tongs.
- Take one teaspoon of oil/ desi ghee or butter and spread on the flatbread/ paratha.
- Change the side of flatbread/ paratha again.
- Apply the oil/ desi ghee or butter and apply on the flatbread/ paratha.
- Properly fry the flatbread/ paratha.
- Cook flatbread/ paratha on both the sides.
- Now flatbread/ paratha is ready, You can serve it with green chutney or curd and pickle.Apply little butter on the stuffed paratha and enjoy it.
You can also try few more paratha’s / flatbread…
- Pumpkin Forota/ Kaddu Paratha
- Crispy Pumpkin Forota/ Kaddu Crispy Paratha
- Radish Paratha/ Mooli Paratha
- Cauliflower Stuffed Flatbread/ Gobhi Paratha
- Plain Paratha/ Plain Flatbread
- Carrot Radish Raita/ Gazar Mooli Raita
- Mix Veg Raita
- Pudina Raita/ Mint Raita
- Kheera Raita / Cucumber Raita
- Boondi Raita