Punjabi Dum Aloo
Dum Aloo is a very tasty vegetable, it takes a little time to make Dum Aloo. Dum potato vegetable is so delicious that you will make it again and again I will tell you how to make dum potato vegetable in very easy way. Potatoes can be made in many ways. I will tell you to make Punjabi Dum Aloo. Dum Aloo is also used with a lot of spices. If you want, you can add extra or even buttons, but if you have to take care of your calories then oil Use it a little bit, I will tell you to make very good and delicious vegetables in optimised oil. Follow the steps given below to make Punjabi Dum Aloo …
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 5 People
Cost 25 rupee
- 20 Unit Baby Potato / Small Potato, if baby potato is not available then do pieces of potato
- 4 Medium Tbsp Beaten Curd
- 10 Unit Cashew
- 1.5 Medium Tbsp coriander seed
- 1 Inch Cinnamon
- 2 Unit Clove
- 2 Unit Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 1 Unit Big Cardamom / Badi Elaichi
- 2 Unit Big Red Chili
- 4-5 Seed Black Pepper
- 1 Unit Green Chili
- 1 Unit Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Kasoori Methi
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed
- 1 Inch Chopped Ginger
- 1 Unit Big Onion, Chopped
- as per taste Salt
- 100 Grams Oil, for frying potato or you can take as required
- 2 tsp Oil, chhaunk lagaane ke liye / To blow
- First take 20 baby potatoes or small size potatoes. Wash the potatoes well and put them in the cooker, now add water to the cooker. Cook the potatoes with one whistle, do not whistle too much or else the potatoes will burst.
- While the potatoes are cooking, then make the masala of the potato. Take 2 red chillies, 2 cloves, 2 green cardamom, 1 inch cinnamon, one big cardamom, one and a half teaspoon coriander seeds and 15 cashew nuts.
- Now grind all the spices in the grinder.
- Dum potato masala is ready.
- Finely chop a large onion.
- Finely chop a green chili.
- Whisk well with 4 teaspoons of curd.
- Finely chop an inch of ginger.
- When the pressure comes out of the cooker, take out the potato and snatch the peel of the potato.
- Now put a kadhai/pan on the gas.
- Pour oil into the kadhai/pan.
The quantity of oil should be such that the potatoes fry well.
- When the oil is hot, put the potatoes sprinkled in the oil in the kadhai/pan.
- Now fry the potatoes by turning them on a medium flame.
- Keep flipping the sides of potatoes periodically so that the potatoes do not burn.
- Fry the potatoes till they turn light brown. Now take out the potatoes in a plate and keep them aside.
- Remove the extra oil in the kadhai/pan.
Leave 2 tsp of oil in the kadhai/pan.
- When the oil is hot, add half a teaspoon of cumin seeds to the oil. When the cumin seeds crackle, add green chillies and bay leaves to the oil.
- Now add chopped onion and chopped ginger to the kadhai/pan.
Fry the onion and ginger until light brown.
- When the onions are fried, add the masala of the dum potato that we had prepared above.
- Now mix the spices with the onion.
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to the spices. Cook the spices for one minute.
- After a minute add 4 teaspoons of whipped curd / yogurt. Mix the spices with curd / yogurt.
- Cook the curd with spices until the curd is cooked, stir the spices.
When the masala is cooked, bubbles will start to rise in the spice and the spice will start leaving the oil.
Keep in mind that the spice has to keep running, otherwise, the spice will burst due to being curd.
- Now when the masala is cooked, add the fried potatoes to the masala. Now mix the potatoes in the spices.
- Cook the potatoes with spices for one minute.
And put red chili powder and salt in the kadhai/pan.
You can add more or less red chilies according to your taste.
- Now add a glass or 200 grams of water.
And cook the vegetable after heating the gas on medium heat.
- After one minute, put the frying pan in the second gas.
- When the fry pan is hot, add one spoon of Kasuri methi to the pan and stir it with a spoon.
- After this, put hot cashew fenugreek in the pan and cover the lid immediately so that the scent and flavor of the fenugreek fenugreek does not come out.
- Cook the vegetable on medium heat for 5 minutes.
Keep stirring the vegetables periodically.
- Dum Aloo is ready. Serve with roti, paratha, puri by adding green coriander to the vegetable. Dum Aloo looks delicious with rice too.
Serving: 100gram | Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 72IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg