Besan Pakora Kadhi / बेसन पकोड़ा कढ़ी
Besan Pakora Kadhi is a very quick recipe.
If you became bore by eating lentils and vegetables every day and want to eat something good and light, then Pakora Kadhi is the best option for you.
Kadhi on one side is light for the stomach, while the curd is also light for the stomach.
If you want to make Besan Pakora Kadhi, follow the method given below…
Prep Time 6 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Servings 5 people
Cost 40 rupee
- Kadhai / Fry Pan
- Big Spoon/ chamcha
- Knife/ Chaku
- Mortar and Pestle/ Khallad Moosar
- Hand Mixer/ Mathani
- 6.5 tsp Gram Flour / Besan, Here 4 tsp is for making pakauda's and 2.5 tsp for making curry
- 1 Unit Green Chili / Hari Mirch
- 100 ml Oil / Desi Ghee
- 1 tsp Coarse Coriander Seeds/ Dardari khadi Dhaniya
- 1/2 tsp Whole Coriander Seeds/ Dhaniaya Beej
- 2 tsp Green Coriander Leaves / Hari Dhaniya Patti
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrak
- 250-300 gram Sour Curd / Dahi / Yogurt
- 10 leaf Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds/ Jeera
- 2 Unit Whole Red Chili / Khadi Lal Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds/ Methi Dana
- 1 pinch Asafoetida / Heeng
- 1.5 tsp Desi Ghee
- as per taste Salt / Namak
- 4-5 small ball Tartaric
- 2-3 Unit Clove/ Laung
To make besan/gram flour pakora kadhi, First, we will make pakoras of kadhi.To make pakora's of besan pakora kadhi/ gram pakora kadhi, take 4 spoons gram flour.
Now add 3 teaspoons chopped coriander leaves to the gram flour and also add chopped green chilies, 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Add half teaspoon of coriander seeds, asafoetida, salt to taste.
Now take water in a glass.
And add some water.
Take care not to add too much water.Paste should not be watery.Paste should be a little thick.You have to add a small quantity of water so that pakoras/dumplings can be made easily.Now whisk the gram flour well with a fork or hand mixer, so that lumps should not form.
Whisk the gram flour for at least 4 minutes.
So while frying the gram flour pakora's/dumplings, it will flourish well and will be soft as well.
- So that when you add pakora's/dumplings to gram flour gravy, the pakora's/dumplings will be very soft to eat.
- Cover the bowl with a plate, let it sit for 2 minutes.
Then take another bowl, fill the bowl with water.
Fill about a glass of water.
Put a kadhai/ fry pan/ cauldron on the gas.
Add about 100 ml oil to the kadhai/ fry pan/ cauldron.
When the oil is hot, drop round-shaped pakora's/dumplings to the oil.
Keep in mind the oil should be heated.
As soon as the pakora's/dumplings are added to the oil, the pakora's/dumplings
will start to fritters.
Fry the pakora's/dumplings from both the sides till they turn light brown.
Remove the pakora's/dumplings with a spoon.
- And immediately add them to the water bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a lid.
This will make the pakora's/dumplings soft.
- Similarly, make all the gram flour pakora's/dumplings and put them in a bowl of water.
- Cover the lid of the bowl.
- If you want, you can also make extra pakora's/dumplings, keep the extra pakora's/dumplings that you have made, and you can eat them with tea or chutney.
After this take 2 red chilies, one spoon cumin, take 8 -10 curry leaves.
Take one inch of ginger and finely chop it, grind one spoon of coriander seeds in a mortar and pestle(khallad moosar) as shown below image.
Take 2.5 teaspoon gram flour in a vessel.
- Add about 250 to 300 grams of curd over the gram flour.
- Add one spoon turmeric powder along with it.
- Add one spoon turmeric powder along with it.
And with that add a spoon of ginger-garlic paste. If you do not want to add ginger-garlic paste, you can avoid adding ginger-garlic paste.
- Mix the gram flour and curd well with the hand mixer.
- Make sure, properly blend gram flour and curd well, no lumps should be formed.
Now take out the extra oil from the kadhai/ fry pan/ cauldron in which we made the pakora's/dumplings.
- Leave 2 tablespoons of oil left in the kadhai/ fry pan.
Switch on the gas, keep the flame high.
When the oil is hot, add one teaspoon of cumin seeds to the oil, along with chopped ginger, add 2 to 3 crushed cloves, half teaspoon coarse coriander seeds.
When the ginger is fried, add a pinch of asafoetida, half teaspoon fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, 2 red chillies to the kadhai/ fry pan.Before putting red chillies in the kadhai/ fry pan, break the red chillies from the middle.
- Now fry all the spices well for 30 seconds.
- After this, put half a glass of water in the kadhai/ fry pan.
- After this, put the gram flour and curd solution in the kadhai/ fry pan, which we have made previously.
Now stir the solution well with a spoon.
Then add about a glass of water.
You can add water according to your choice.
Add more water if you like a thin gravy.
And if you like thick gravy, then you add less amount of water.
Keep in mind that the flame of the gas should remain high.
Stir the gravy until it comes to a boil.
As soon as the gravy comes to a boil, take pakora's/ dumplings out of the water and put them in the kadhai/ fry pan.
- After adding the pakora's/dumplings, add salt to the gravy.Keep in mind, we should add salt when the gravy starts boiling, otherwise, curd and gram flour will be separated, and the taste of kadhi will spoil.
Turn down the flame to slow.
And let the kadhi cook on slow heat for about 10 minutes.
Now switch on another gas, place a tadka pan/ tempering pan on the gas.
Add 1.5 teaspoons of desi ghee to the tadka pan/ tempering pan.
- When the desi ghee becomes hot, add one spoon cumin/ jeera seeds to the pan.
When the cumin/ jeera starts crackling, break two red chilies and add them to the ghee.
Now turn off the gas, immediately after that add a pinch of asafoetida and after that add half a teaspoon of red chili powder.
Remember to turn off the gas before adding red chili powder.
Otherwise, red chili powder will burn.
Kadhi would be on other gas on low flame.Wait for 10 minutes, continue to simmer the kadhi on the gas.After that switch off the gas.
- If you want kadhi more sour and the kadhi is not sour.
- So you can also use tartaric in Kadhi, but remember that tartaric is very sour, so if you want to use Tatri, use a small amount of tartaric.
- Kadhi will become very sour with the use of a little bit of tartaric. And the use of excess tartaric can also harm the body. So use a little amount.
If you are using tartaric, let the kadhi cook for another 2 minutes after putting it.
Serve with green coriander leaves and desi ghee tadka over the curry.
If you want, you can eat Kadhi by adding a spoonful of desi ghee.
The taste of kadhi becomes very good by adding desi ghee.
- If you have an upset stomach and feel like eating something light.
- So eat kadhi, this will give a lot of relief to your stomach.
- Even if you have loose motion, eating hot curry gives a lot of benefit in the stomach.
- You can try Punjabi Pyaz Pkoda Kadhi
Serving: 100gram | Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 61mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 151IU | Vitamin C: 81mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1mg