Radish leaves and Potato Dry Recipe/ Aloo Mooli Patte ki Sookhi Sabji / Aloo Mooli Bhajiya
Everyone is very happy by eating radish. But what do you do with its leaves? Maybe nothing. Many people do not take radish leaves from the vegetable seller and those who take it also break it and throw it out. If you do the same, then let us tell you that like radish, its leaves are also packed with nutrients.Radish is very tasty to eat, where on one side we eat radish. And most of the radishes are thrown into the garbage.But one thing to be kept in mind here is that radish leaves are very beneficial, so we should not throw away radish leaves.Radish leaves are rich in vitamin A, vitamin B, C as well as chlorine, phosphorus, sodium, iron, magnesium, and other nutrients and are beneficial for stomach as well as urinary disorders.The vegetable of radish leaves is also known as radish bhajiya.To make dry recipe of potato radish leaves or aloo mooli bhajiya, follow the given below method step by step…
Servings 4 people
Cost 10 rupee
- Kadhai / Fry Pan
- 400 grams Radish Leaves/ Mooli ke Patte
- 1 unit Big Potato/ Bada Aloo
- 5 cloves Garlic / Lahsun
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seed / Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Raw Mango Powder/Amchur Powder/ Dried Mango Powder
- 1 unit Whole Red Chilli / Khadi Lal Mirch
- as per taste Salt / Namak
- To make vegetable of potato radish leaves, take about 400 grams of radish leaves.You can take the quantity of radish leaves according to your own.Remove yellow leaf if any.
- Wash radish leaves thoroughly with clean water.
- If you want, you can also wash radish leaves by adding salt in hot water.
- By the way, we should try and soak green vegetables in hot water and wash them.
- Now remove the radish leaves with hot water, squeeze the water well.
- After this cut, the radish leaves very finely. Keep in mind that radish leaves are very finely chopped.
- The green vegetable we chop finely, the more delicious the vegetable will be.
- Take a big potato, peel the potato.
- Chop the potatoes finely.
- Take 5 garlic cloves, peel the garlic buds.
- Finely chop garlic cloves.
- Put a kadhai/ fry pan on the gas.Keep the flame on high.
- Put 2 to 3 tablespoons of mustard oil in the kadhai/ fry pan. Mustard oil/ sarson tel should be used to make radish leafy vegetables.
- When the oil is hot, add chopped potatoes to the oil.
- Turn down the flame to medium.Fry the potatoes.
- Fry till the potatoes turn light brown.
- When the potatoes are fried, take them out on a separate plate.
- Let the kadhai/ fry pan stay on the gas.
- There will oil left still in the kadhai/ fry pan.
- Keep the flame on medium.
- When the oil is heated in the kadhai/ fry pan, add half a teaspoon of cumin seeds to the kadhai/ fry pan.
- When the cumin starts crackling, add chopped garlic in the kadhai/ fry pan.
- Add a large red chili along with it.
- When the garlic is fried, add chopped radish leaves to the kadhai/ fry pan.
- Add salt to it as well.
- Take care not to add too much salt as radish leaves will be very less after cooking.
- Add less salt too, because if the salt is reduced then we can increase it later, but if the salt becomes too much then the whole vegetable will be spoiled.
- Mix radish leaves with salt with the help of a spoon.
- Turn down the flame to medium.
- Cover the radish leaves with a plate.
- Remove the plate from the pan after one minute.
- Radish leaves release water, there will be a lot of water in the kadhai/ fry pan, so cook the vegetable by removing the plate.
- Cook radish leaves on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, turn the flame on high.
- Cook the radish leaves till the water of the radish leaves dry up.
- When the water of radish leaves dries, add fried potatoes to the radish leaves.
- Mix potatoes with radish leaves.
- Add half a teaspoon of raw mango/ amchur powder to the radish leaves.
- Mix raw mango/ amchur powder well in the vegetable.
- Fry the radish leaves for 2 minutes.
- Now take out the radish leaves in a bowl.
- Eat potato radish leaf vegetable with paratha, roti or dal rice.
- Keep in mind that while making the vegetable of radish, all the water of radish dries up.
- And, do not use too many spices in the vegetable of radish leaves.
- Radish leaves are rich in vitamin A, vitamin B, C as well as chlorine, phosphorus, sodium, iron, magnesium and other nutrients and are beneficial for stomach as well as urinary disorders.
- Since radish leaves contain sodium and it fulfills the deficiency of salt in the body, it is also very beneficial for low blood pressure patients. Apart from this, the anthocyanin present in it is beneficial for the heart.
- Many types of essential nutrients are found in radish leaves. If you consume it, you get iron, calcium, folic acid, vitamin C and phosphorus etc. These nutrients are helpful in many physiological functions.
- One of the biggest advantages of radish leaves is that it contains more dietary fiber than radish.
- Due to these dietary fibers, a person’s digestive system works better. These radish leaves relieve problems like constipation and flatulence.
- Since radish leaves contain a lot of iron and phosphorus, they increase the body’s immunity. Not only this, nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Thiamine are helpful in relieving fatigue.
- You may not know, but radish leaves are also beneficial in removing painful physical problems like hemorrhoids.
- It has anti-bacterial properties, which reduces inflammation and pain.
- To use it, dry the radish leaves and add equal quantity of sugar. Also make a paste by mixing a few drops of water. If you wish, take this paste or apply it on the affected area.
- Consuming radish leaves is helpful in curing many diseases. Like piles, radish leaves are also beneficial in the treatment of jaundice.
- To cure this, crush the leaves and then extract it with the help of a thin cloth. Jaundice is cured by taking half a liter of this juice daily for ten days.
- Radish leaves have many such properties, which help in reducing blood sugar levels. For this, make greens of radish leaves and consume them.
Serving: 100grams | Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin C: 330mg | Calcium: 1075mg | Iron: 2mg