Pumpkin Forota / Kaddu Paratha
Pumpkin is very beneficial for health.Usually children are not very keen to eat vegetables, so we make vegetables in other different form, so that children also eat vegetables and they find it delicious to eat and enjoy.Pumpkin is eaten in many ways, like pumpkin dry recipe, we can also make pumpkin kheer/ sweet pumpkin. Pumpkin puris, parathas and rotis can also be eaten and eaten.We will learn how to make pumpkin puris here.To make Pumpkin Paratha, follow the steps given below…
Servings 6 people
Cost 20 rupee
- Griddle/ Tawa
- Big Spoon/ chamcha
- Tongs/ Chimta
- Bowl/ Vessel
- 100 grams Pumpkin/ Kaddu, or 1 cup
- 100 grams Wheat Flour / Atta, or 1 cup
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder/ Dhaniya Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Lal Mirch Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder/ Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Carom / Ajwain Seeds
- 3/4 tsp Salt / Namak, or as per required
- 3 tsp Green Coriander Leaves / Hari Dhaniya Patti
- 1 unit Green Chili / Hari Mirch
- 50 mililiter Oil/ Butter/ Desi Ghee/ Tel
- as per require Water/ Pani
- Take pumpkin to make pumpkin paratha.
- To make a pumpkin paratha, take 100 grams or 1 cup of pumpkin.
- Peel the pumpkin and grate the pumpkin with the help of grater.
- After this, take 100 grams or 1 cup of flour.
- Take a green chilli and chop it finely.
- Take 3 tablespoons of chopped coriander.
- After this add green coriander and green chilli.
- After this, add one teaspoon coriander powder, one tea spoon turmeric powder, one teaspoon or 5 grams celery, half teaspoon red chilli powder and a pinch of asafoetida.
- Add a teaspoon or 5 grams of salt or salt according to your taste.
- Add grated pumpkin over it.
- Mix everything in the flour and knead it to make a dough.
- Keep in mind that do not add water to the flour. If dough is very dry and you are facing trouble in kneading the dough, then add a little water.
- Combine all the things in the dough and knead it.
- Do not add too much water. Knead the dough well.
- Cover the dough with a plate and keep it for 10 minutes.
- Keep the flame on high.
- Now remove the plate from the dough.
- Now take the dough, oil and flour dust.
- Put the griddle on the gas, high the flame.
- And take about 46 grams of dough.
- Cover the dough with flour dust.
- After this, roll the paratha using rolling pin and keep in mind that don't use much flour dust on the dough.
- Roll the paratha with light hand. The size of the paratha should be approximately 5.5 inches of diameter.
- Once griddle become hot. Now put the paratha on the griddle.
- Change the side of the paratha with the help of tongs after 30 seconds.
- Take oil or desi ghee / butter in spoon and apply on the paratha surface.
- Now change the side of the paratha again, and apply oil or desi ghee or butter on the other side as well.
- Press and cook the paratha with the help of a spoon.
- Make sure that the paratha is not uncooked and don't overcook otherwise it will burn.
- Bake both sides of the paratha properly, making sure that the paratha does not burn.
- Make the paratha by remaining dough to make parathas.
- Desi ghee or butter can also be applied on pumpkin paratha while eating.
- Eat pumpkin paratha with green chutney and curd or vegetable.