Dry Arbi/ Ghuiyan / Colocasia(Taro) Masala Curry
Despite its Hindi name, arvi or arbi or ghuiyya, which may suggest to a layperson a connection, with the Arab world, colocasia is one of the oldest vegetables of the Indian Subcontinent. Today we will learn to make Colocasia dry recipe…
Servings 4 people
Cost 25 rupee
- Pressure Cooker
- Kadai / Fry Pan
- 10 unit colocasia
- 2 unit green chilly, chop them
- 1 tsp carom seed ( ajwain )
- 1 unit onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tsp coriander seed
- 2 unit whole red chilly
- salt as per taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice , or 1 small tsp raw mango powder
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek seed
- 2 tsp Oil
- Take 10 unit of colocasia and wash them clean, Put them in cooker with water. Stop the gas after 1 whistle.
- Grind onion, garlic, ginger, coriander seed, red chilli in mixer grinder. Prepare masala.
- Chop colocasia in round shape.
- Take fry pan (non stick is preferable ) . Add 2 tsp oil. Once the oil become hot. First add chopped chilly after 10 second add carom seed and fenugreek seed. Once they start crackling
- Put the masala in the fry pan.
- Fry until it start releasing oil
- Add arbi to the masala and mix with spatula
- Cover the fry pan with plate
- Remove the plate after 5 minute, close the plate again and open again after 5 minutes. Fry until arbi becomes crispy.
- Add lemon juice or mango powder, fry the arbi until it will be brown and crispy.
- Now crispy colocasia (arbi) is ready , garnish with coriander leaves. Enjoy this crispy colocasia (arbi) with chapati or paratha.
- Arbi/colocasia vegetable is not only popular in general diet but also as a fruit, but due to its latter nature, we do not pay attention to its nutrients.
- 100 grams of Arbi/colocasia has 42 grams of calories, which is more than potatoes.
- Apart from this, it has many essential nutrients like 3.7 grams of fiber, five grams of protein, 648 milligrams of potassium, vitamin A, C, calcium and iron.
- Its digestion is easy because of the high fiber. It is beneficial for the skin due to the abundance of antioxidants. It is also beneficial for patients with diabetes.
Serving: 100grams | Calories: 0.042kcal