Quick Moong Dal Halwa
This quick and delicious Halwa is everyone's choice. This is exactly same as we eat in marriages and parties. Try this yummy Halwa and tell me in comment, How much you liked it. 🙂 Watch attached video…
Servings 4 people
Cost 40 rupee
- Fry Pan / Wok
- Mixer Grinder
- 1 Cup Mung Pulse/ moong Dal
- 1 Cup Desi Ghee
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Bengal Gram Powder / Besan
- 1 tbsp Semolina / Sooji
- 10 unit Cashews/ Kaju
- 10 unit Almond/ Badam
- 10 unit Pistachios/ Pista
- 1 pinch Saffron
- Soak 1 cup of mung dal in the water for 4-5 hrs.
- Drain water from mung dal, make a fine paste.
- Take one fry pan, put on the gas, add 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar, 1 pinch of saffron and let boil water. Once water starts boiling, switch off the gas, and keep it aside.
- Place one fry pan on the gas. Add desi ghee in the fry pan.
- Once desi ghee heat, add chopped cashews, almonds, pistachios. Fry for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds rake out cashews, almonds, pistachios and keep it aside.
- Reduce gas flame to low, add bengal gram powder and semolina, Fry till it becomes golden brown.
- After that add fine paste of mung daal in the fry pan. There should not be any lumps in the halwa while frying.
- Fry till mung dal becomes light brown, then add sugar syrup.
- After that fry mung dal, till water evaporates. After that, add fried dry fruits, Mix.
- Fry mung daal, till it becomes light brown.
- Moon dal halwa/ Mung dal halwa is ready.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
Serving: 100grams | Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 60mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 50g | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg