Punjabi Pyaz Pkoda Kadhi | Punjabi Onion Kadhi | Besan Ki Kadhi
Kadhi Pakoda or Besan Ki Kadhi Or Punjabi Kadhi Pakoda recipe is made up of gram flour or besan, onion, green chilly and sour curd or yogurt or dahi. It is a perfect mouth-watering food. Kadai Pakoda is eaten with rice and chapati. While eating kadhi add 1 tsp of desi ghee. It will give an exotic flavor to kadhi. Kadhi and rice is a great combination in the Northern and Western part of India.To make Punjabi Kadhi Pakora at home follow step by step detailed recipe with photos as given below…
Servings 5 People
- Kadhai / Fry Pan
- Big Spoon
- 6 tbsp Gram Flour / Besan
- 200 Grams Sour Curd / Dahi / Yogurt, If curd is not sour, add 4 balls of lemon salt not more than that.
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Coriander Seeds, break into pieces, do not powder
- 1 Pinch asafoetida, don’t use much, otherwise it will spoil the taste of kadhi
- 2 unit Whole Red Chilly
- 1 Unit onion, Chopped
- 1 Unit green chilly, finely chpped in small pieces
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Unit Cloves, Break into pieces
- 4 small balls Lemon Salt, use only when curd is not sour
- 1/4 tsp cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander leaves / Dhaniya Patti, Chop them
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 50 Grams Oil, for frying pakodi / pakoda of kadhi
- 2 tsp Oil, Chhaunk lagane ke liye / To blow
- Chop Onion, Chop Green chilly.
- Add Chopped onion, chopped green chilly and a very small amount of salt, add a pinch of asafoetida, add 1/4 tsp red chili powder and 3 tsp gram flour into a bowl.
- Add a small portion of water to the bowl, the mixture should be tight.
The mixture should not be watery.
- Put kadhai on the gas stove, add the oil in the kadhai.
- Once the oil becomes hot. Drop a small ball of the mixture into the oil.
- Flip the pakoda in the kadhai. Fry until pakoda becomes a little brown.
- Remove pakoda's from the kadhai.
- After that take one bowl with 2 cups of water in it.
- Drop cooked pakoda's in it so that pakoda's will be soft.
cover the bowl with a plate for 5 minutes.
- After 5-minute strain water from the pakoda's.
- After that take 200 grams of curd or yogurt in the bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste into a bowl.
- Similarly, add turmeric / haldi in the bowl.
- Similarly, add 3 tbsp gram flour/besan in the bowl. Beat the mixture in the bowl so that mixture should be homogenous in viscosity.
- After that switch on the gas stove. Add 2 tsp of oil in the kadhai.
- Once the oil becomes hot, add fenugreek seed, mustard seed, and broken coriander seed, broken cloves into the kadhai.
- After that add pinch of asafoetida in the kadhai.
Once spices started crackling.
Add 1 cup of water into the kadhai.
- Once the water starts boiling.
- After that add the mixture of curd and gram flour/besan in the kadhai and add 200 ml water if you want less consistency of mixture then you can add more water.
- Continuously stir the mixture in the kadhai.
- Stir the mixture until it starts boiling.
- Once the mixture starts boiling after that add strained pakoda in the mixture of the kadhai .
- After that add the red chilly powder. At the same time add salt.
- Leave the mixture for boiling on low flame for 10 minutes.
If the curd is not sour then add 4 to 5 balls of lemon salt.
- Put 1 tbsp of desi ghee in the kadhi and Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with chapati and rice.
Enjoy the tempting taste of Punjabi kadhi.
- As you can see pakoda of kadhi is very soft. This gives a very soothing taste to kadhi.
- Punjabi Kadhi pakoda is rich in flavor with several spices like cloves, fenugreek and coriander seeds.
- Kadhi is the native dish of Rajasthan. But this is a very important recipe in many states like in Gujrat, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Punjabi.Its rich flavor and cooling effect gives a good change when one gets bored from the daily routine of eating dal and vegetable.
- The important thing in the kadhi pakoda recipe is that the pakoda in kadhi should not be tight. But the pakoda in the recipe should be soft so that when it enters the mouth, it should give a yummy taste.
- Kadhi is very important for the stomach also. When anyone is feeling very tight stomach or loose motion, he/she should eat kadhi, It will give instant relief to the stomach.