Fasting Bottle Guard Gravy / Vrat ki Lauki ki Sabji
Bottle guard / Loki has a place of its own in summer green vegetables. Bottle Gourd vegetables are very healthy and simple to digest. Bottle guard / Lauki has 90% water and is one of the lightest vegetables and great for days of fasting. Vrat ki lauki can serve with (buckwheat pan fried bread) kuttu ke paratha. Gourd vegetable is eaten on fast, the main reason for this is that gourd vegetable is good to eat and is also healthy for the stomach and easy to digest. We create Bottle guard / Loki in many respects, today in its quick (fasting) we're going to create edible curry vegetables. This recipe is very simple to make ...
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 2 People
- 200 Grams Bottle Guard / Lauki, Chop Bottle Guard / Lauki
- 2 - 3 Unit Dried Mango Slice / Amchur Slice, Break slice into pieces
- 1 tsp Cumin / Jeera Seeds
- 3 tbsp Coriander leaves / Dhaniya Patti, Finely chopped
- 1 Unit Green Chilli / Hari Mirch, Chopped
- 1 - 2 Unit Red Chilli / Lal Mirch, Break into 2 pieces
- 2 tsp Desi Ghee
- as per required Fasting Salt / Sendha Namak / Rock Salt
- First peel off bottle guard, and chop them in pieces in cubical shape. Place a cooker onto gas and add 2 tsp of desi ghee.
- Take dried mango slice / amchur slice and finely chopped green chilli.
- When the ghee gets hot, add cumin seeds, red chilli.
- Add green chilli in the cooker.
- When the cumin starts crackling, add chopped bottle guard.
- After that add dried mango slice into cooker.
- Fry bottle guard for 3 minutes in cooker.
- After that add 2 cup water in the cooker.
- Now add sendha salt as per taste.
- Now close the lid of cooker. Allow a whistle in the cooker. Allow gas pressure to drain.
- Transfer the vegetable into bowl.
- Now sprinkle coriander leave on curry. Add lemon juice at the time of serving. Serve hot.
- Bottle Gourd has always been regarded as one of the healthiest veggies.
- This very versatile vegetable is full of water (about 92%) and minerals and keeps your body hydrated.
- Also known as Lauki or Doodhi in India, it definitely doesn’t get as much attention as it deserves.
“Bottle gourd is a vegetable high on water and is a rich source of vitamin C, K and calcium."
- It helps in maintaining a healthy heart and brings down bad cholesterol levels.
- The juice is also beneficial for diabetic patients as it stabilises the blood sugar level and maintains blood pressure.
- Bottle Gourd vegetables are very healthy and simple to digest.
- Bottle guard / Lauki has 90% water and is one of the lightest vegetables and great for days of fasting.