Arbi(Ghuiya)/Arvi Ki Upavasa Ki Sookhi Sabji/ Colocasia Fasting Dry Recipe
All have their own ways of fasting. Some people drink only water and some eat at one time a day.The question of what to eat or not to eat during fasting is always in mind.One should always try that whatever we eat should be light.Rock salt is used in fasting.Colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi in fasting is a very good option.Where the colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi are mild in food, it is also very beneficial for health.Follow the below method step by step to make fasting colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi dry recipe…
Servings 4 people
Cost 25 rupee
- Pressure Cooker
- Kadhai / Fry Pan
- 400 grams Colocasia/ Ghuiyaan / Arbi
- 2 tsp Desi Ghee / Fresh Butter
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed / Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Carom / Ajwain Seeds
- 4 unit Green Chili / Hari Mirch
- 2 tsp Coriander leaves / Dhaniya Patti
- as per taste Fasting Salt / Sendha Namak / Rock Salt
- Take 400 grams of colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi to make colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi recipe.
- Wash and put the knives in the pressure cooker.
- Pour water into the cooker, the water level should be half an inch higher than the level of the colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi.
- Close the cooker's lid and put it on the gas.
- Turn the flame on high.
- When 2 whistles come in the cooker, turn off the gas.
- If the colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi are very tight, allow one more whistle.
- When the pressure of the cooker drops. Then open the lid and pour cold water.
- Peel the colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi and cut it into rounds.
- Finely chop 3 green chilies.
- Finely chop 3 tsp green coriander leaves.
- Put a kadhai/ fry pan on the gas.
- Add 2 tablespoons of desi ghee in the kadhai/ fry pan.
- Desi ghee can be added more or less according to your taste.
- When the ghee becomes hot, add one spoon cumin seeds to the ghee.
- When the cumin starts crackling, add carom/ajwain seeds.
- After that, add chopped green chilies in the kadhai/ fry pan.
- Fry the green chilies.
- When the green chilies are fried, add the chopped colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi in the kadhai/ fry pan.
- Stir the colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi with a spatula.
- Add rock salt/ senda namak to the colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi.
- Stir the rock salt/ senda namak well in the colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi.
- Cover the kadhai/ fry pan with lid.
- Open the lid after 2 minutes.
- Fry the colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi well.
- Keep stirring the colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi in continuously.
- Fry the colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi till it becomes light brown.
- When the curry turns light brown, add chopped coriander to the fried colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi.
- Add green coriander to the kadhai/ fry pan and mix well.
- Sprinkle 3 tsp juice of the lemon on fried colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi.
- Mix well.
- After that turn off the gas.
- Take out the fried colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi in a plate.
- Serve the fried colocasia /ghuiyaan or arbi with curd or raita and chutney.
Serving: 100grams | Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 89mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 312IU | Calcium: 3mg