Pumpkin Bread/ Kaddu Roti
Pumpkin is very good for health.Usually children are not very keen to eat vegetables, so we make vegetables in other different form, so that children also eat vegetables and they find it delicious to eat and enjoy.Pumpkin is eaten in many ways, like pumpkin dry recipe, we can also make pumpkin kheer/ sweet pumpkin. Pumpkin puris, parathas and rotis can also be eaten and eaten.We will learn how to make pumpkin bread/ roti here.To make Pumpkin bread/ roti, follow the steps given below…
Servings 6 people
Cost 15 rupee
- Griddle/ Tawa
- Tongs/ Chimta
- Bowl/ Vessel
- Grater/ Kaddukas
- Rolling Board/ Belan
- Rolling Board/ Chakla
- 100 grams Wheat Flour/ Atta, or 1 cup
- 100 grams Pumpkin/ Kaddu, or 1 cup
- 1/4 tsp Salt / Namak
- as per required Water/ Pani
- To make pumpkin bread/ kaddu roti, take 100 grams or 1 cup of pumpkin.
- Peel the pumpkin and grate the pumpkin.
- Be careful to grate the pumpkin. Grater can hurt you.
- After this, take 100 grams or 1 cup of wheat flour/ atta.
- Add grated pumpkin over it. Add salt if you want otherwise skip to add salt.
- Combine wheat flour and grated pumpkin and knead it.
- Keep in mind that do not add water to the flour. If you have trouble kneading the dough, and the dough is unable to knead due to deficiency of water then add a little water.
- Do not add too much water.
- Knead the dough well.
- Cover the dough with a plate and keep it for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, Place a griddle on the gas. Keep the flame on high.
- Now remove the plate from the dough.
- After that take dough and flour dust to make bread/roti.
- And take about 40 grams of dough.
- Wrap the dough with flour dust.
- After this, roll the bread/ roti, keep in mind that not to apply to much flour dust on the dough.
- Roll the bread/ roti with light hand.
- The size of the bread should be 5.5 inches approximately.
- Once the griddle become hot, put the bread/roti on the griddle.
- Change the bread side after 30 seconds.
- After that change the bread side again after 20 seconds.
- Pick the bread/ roti from the griddle with the help of tongs and place directly on the gas burner, flame of gas should be medium.
- Flip the bread/ roti in a regular interval and cook the roti with the help of a tongs. Bread/roti will flourish.
- Make sure that the bread/ roti should be properly cooked.
- Bake both sides of the bread/ roti well, making sure that the bread/ roti does not burn.
- Make the remaining bread/ roti from the remaining dough.
- Apply desi ghee or butter on the pumpkin bread/ roti.
- Eat pumpkin bread/ roti with curry vegetable, lentils or chutney and curd.
You can also try following recipes made of pumpkin
- Crispy Pumpkin Paratha/ kaddu Crispy Paratha
- Pumpkin poori/ Kaddu ki poori
- Pumpkin Dry vegetable/ Kaddu ki sookhi sabji
- Pumpkin Forota/ Pumpkin Paratha
Serving: 100grams | Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1542IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 2mg