Pumpkin Poori / Kaddu Ki Poori
Pumpkin/ kaddu is very good for health.Children do not want to eat vegetables, so we make vegetables by different ways, so that when children eat vegetables ,they find it delicious and it will solve our purpose as well.Pumpkin/ kaddu is eaten in many ways, dry pumpkin/ kaddu vegetable, pumpkin/ kaddu kheer etc.Pumpkin/ kaddu poori's, parathas and rotis/ chapati can also be eaten.We will learn how to make pumpkin/ kaddu puris here.Follow the given below step by step to make pumpkin/ kaddu poori…
Servings 6 people
Cost 20 rupee
- Kadhai / Fry Pan
- Grater/ Kaddukas
- Ladle / Karchal
- Rolling Pin/ Belan
- 100 grams Pumpkin/ Kaddu, or 1 cup
- 100 grams Wheat Flour / Atta, or 1 cup
- 50 grams Semolina/ Sooji/ Rawa, or 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder/ Dhaniya Powder, or 5 grams
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Lal Mirch Powder, 2.5 grams
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder/ Haldi Powder, 2.5 grams
- 1/2 tsp Carom / Ajwain Seeds, 2.5 grams
- 3/4 tsp Salt / Namak, 4 grams or as per taste
- 3 tsp Green Coriander Leaves / Hari Dhaniya Patti
- 1 unit Green Chili / Hari Mirch
- 1 pinch Asa
- 100 mili liter Oil / Tel
- Take pumpkin/ kaddu to make pumpkin/ kaddu poori.
- To make pumpkin/ kaddu poori, take 100 grams or 1 cup of pumpkin/ kaddu.
- Peel the pumpkin/ kaddu and grate the pumpkin/ kaddu. Be careful to grate the pumpkin/ kaddu.
- After this, take 100 grams or 1 cup of flour.
- After this, take 50 grams or half a cup of semolina/ sooji/ rawa.
- Take one a green chilli and chop it finely.
- Take 3 teaspoon of chopped coriander.
- Take 100 grams or one cup of flour in a vessel.
- Add 50grams or half cup of semolina also.
- After this add chopped green coriander and green chilli.
- After this, add one teaspoon coriander powder, one teaspoon turmeric powder, one teaspoon or 5 grams coriander powder, half teaspoon redchilli powder and a pinch of asafoetida.
- Add a teaspoon or 5 grams of salt or salt according to your taste.
- After this, add 2 spoons of oil also.
- Add grated pumpkin/ kaddu over it.
- Mix everything in the flour and knead it to make a dough.
- Keep in mind that do not add water to the flour. If dough is very dry and you are facing trouble in kneading the dough, then add a little water.
- Do not add too much water. Knead the dough well.
- Cover the dough with a plate and keep it for 10 minutes to settle down properly.
- After 10 minutes, put the kadhai/ fry pan on the gas.
- Put 100 ml oil in the kadhai/ fry pan or you can add oil as per your requirement so that pumpkin/ kaddu poori can be fried well. Keep the flame on high.
- Now remove the plate from the dough.
- And take about 44 grams of dough.
- Wrap the dough with flour dust.
- Apply the flour dust enough to make it easier to roll, but keep in mind that do not apply too much flour dust on the dough otherwise itwill be burnt and will leave black residue on poori.
- Roll out the poori with a rolling pin.
- The thickness of the poori should not be too thin, nor should be too thick.
- Just like we roll the plain poori, so is the pumpkin poori should be roll.
- The diameter of the pumpkin puri should be about 4 inches.
- The oil of kadhai/ fry pan must have been hot by now.
- To check whether the oil is hot or not, drop a very small ball of dough in the oil.
- If the oil is hot, then the small ball will immediately come-up in the upper layer of oil in the kadhai/ fry pan.
- When the oil is hot, place rolled poori in the oil kadhai/fry pan.
- Press the corners of the poori lightly with a ladle/ spatula, poori will pop up immediately.
- After that flip the poori side.
- Fry both the sides of the poori till it turns light brown,take care to cook the corners of the poori properly. It often happens that the corners of the poori are not properly fried.
- But keep in mind poori should not be burn. To take care of this, we can roll 4 to 5 poori at a time and then start frying, it will save oil and also time, apart from that pooris will also not burn.
- Fry the remaining pooris in the same manner.
- Eat pumpkin / kaddu pooris with chutney or pickle and curd.
- These pooris can be eaten for breakfast and snacks.Pumpkin puris are very tasty to eat. Enjoy it.
Serving: 100grams | Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 119mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1542IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 2mg