Bitter Gourd Onion Dry Recipe/ Karela Pyaz Sookhi Sabji
Green vegetables are very good for health.But often children and even the grown-ups do not like to eat green vegetablesBitter gourd/ karela in green vegetables is very beneficial for health. The antimicrobial and antioxidant properties present in bitter gourd/ karela juice help in treating skin problems, blood disorders, removing toxins from the blood and purifying it.So include karela/ bitter gourd in your food. There is also a way to make karela/ bitter gourd. We can also make bitter gourd in a delicious way, so let us see how to make karela/ bitter gourd onion vegetable.
Servings 4 People
Cost 20 Rupee
- Kadhai / Fry Pan
- 2 Unit Bitter Gourd, or 250 grams
- 2 Unit Big Onion / Bada Pyaz, or 200 grams
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seed / Jeera
- 1 tsp Fennel Seed / Saunf
- 3 tsp Oil / Tel
- 1 tsp Raw Mango / Amchur Powder, or 5 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 unit Whole Red Chili / Khadi Lal Mirch
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1 pinch Asafoetida / Heeng
- as per taste Salt / Namak
- 1/4 tsp Chat Masala, optional
- Take 2 medium-sized bitter gourds to make dry onion karela/ bitter gourd.
- Wash the karela/ bitter gourd well with water and with the help of a knife snatch the rough part of the top.
- Cut the karela/ bitter gourd in half, now make an incision in the curry
- Take about a teaspoon of salt and put the salt in the karela/ bitter gourd.
- We are applying salt in a bitter gourd for this reason so that the bitter bitterness of the karela/ bitter gourd is removed.
- Leave salt in the karela/ bitter gourd for about 20 minutes.
- As long as the karela/ bitter gourd has salt.
- Take two big onions. Peel and slice the onion in a long size.
- After 20 minutes the salt must have melted to a large extent as water in the bitter gourd/ karela.
- But still wash the karela/ bitter gourd with water, after this cut the karela/ bitter gourd finely
- Put the kadhai/ fry pan on the gas, put about 2 teaspoons of oil in the pan, when the oil is hot, add half a teaspoon and half a teaspoon of fennel seeds to the oil, after that break a steep red chili.
- Fry the cumin and fennel well.
- When the cumin and fennel fry, add chopped onions.
- Fry until the onions turn light pink.
- When onion turns light pink, add one teaspoon turmeric powder, spoon coriander powder and a little salt to taste.
- Mix the spices well, then add the chopped karela/ bitter gourd to the onion.
- Fry the karela/ bitter gourd for 1 minute.
- Then cover the karela/ bitter gourd with a plate.
- If you want to cook karela/ bitter gourd quickly, place any heavy utensil on top of the plate, it will not evaporate and the karela/ bitter gourd will cook quickly.
- After about 4 minutes, remove the plate, check whether the karela/ bitter gourd is cooked or not.
- If the karela/ bitter gourd is not cooked then cover the plate again after 3 minutes, remove the plate and by now the bitter gourd must have been cooked.
- Then add about 1 teaspoon raw mango/ amchur/ sour powder and one-fourth teaspoon chat powder.
- Mix the raw mango/ amchur/ sour powder and chat powder in the bitter gourd.
- Fry the karela/ bitter gourd for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Dry onion karela/ bitter gourd is ready.
- Transfer dry onion karela/ bitter gourd in a bowl.And serve it with hot food, you can also take lemon along with it.
- The antimicrobial and antioxidant properties present in bitter gourd /karela juice help in treating skin problems, blood disorders, removing toxins from the blood and purifing it.
- Eating or drinking the juice of bitter gourd /karela stimulates the liver to secrete bile acids that are essential for metabolising fat in the body. Besides, a 100g serving of bitter gourd/ karela contains just 17 calories making it a great option for fitness enthusiasts.
- Bitter gourd / karela is an extremely rich source of vitamin C, which helps boost immunity. It also has powerful antiviral property, which stimulates the immune system and also aids in digestion.
- Bitter gourd/ karela has a certain insulin-like protein called polypeptide P that mimics the action of insulin and lowers blood sugar levels in diabetic patients.
- Consuming karela/ bitter gourd can help you get rid of acne, blemishes and skin infections and gives you a healthy and glowing skin.
Serving: 100grams | Calories: 31kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 294IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg