Brinjal Potato Tomato Dry Recipe
Brinjal originated in India and today is the second most consumed vegetable after potato.
India is the second-highest producer of brinjal (27 percent) after China (54 percent) in the world.
The fruit is purple or greenish-yellow, or white, and can be in shape, round, oval, or save, and can be a long and large football ball.
Brinjal is a very common looking vegetable, but this simple looking vegetable has many qualities, which most people do not know about.
Regular intake of brinjal reduces the level of bad cholesterol in the body, which reduces the risk of heart diseases.To make brinjal potato tomato dry recipe follow the below recipe…
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 6 people
Cost 20 rupee
- Kadhai / Fry Pan
- Big Spoon
- Mixer Grinder
- 200 gram Brinjal / Baigan
- 2 Unit Potato / Aloo
- 3 Unit Medium-SizeTomato / Tamatar
- 4 Clove Garlic / Lahsun
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrak
- 1 Unit Green Chili / Hari Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds/ Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds/ Methi Dana
- 1 tsp Raw Mango Powder/Amchur Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander / Dhaniya Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric (haldi) powder
- 1 pinch Asafoetida / Heeng
- 2 tsp Oil/ Tel
- as per taste Salt / Namak
- To make brinjal potatoes tomato dry recipe, take 250 grams brinjal.
Wash the brinjal thoroughly with water and cut it into small pieces.
After this take 2 medium-sized potatoes.
Peel and wash the potato, then cut it into small pieces.
Take one big onion, take 4 to 5 garlic cloves, one green chili, and 1-inch piece of ginger along with it.Peel the onion and cut it into small pieces, with it also cut the garlic into small pieces. Chop green chilies and finely chop ginger too.
Take 2 medium-sized tomatoes, chop the tomatoes.
- And put them in the jar of the mixer grinder.
Now grind them in the grinder, making sure not to grind them very finely. Grind it slightly, so that you see tomato pieces, that is, stir the mixture for 4-5 times.
- After this, take out the tomato paste and keep it in a separate bowl.
Now put a kadhai/ fry pan on the gas.Put 2 to 3 teaspoons of oil in the kadhai/ fry pan.
When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds to the oil.
- When cumin starts crackling, add half teaspoon of fenugreek seeds.
Fry the fenugreek seeds.
Now add chopped garlic and chopped ginger to the kadhai/ fry pan and add a pinch of asafoetida.
Fry garlic and ginger for 1 minute. Now add chopped onion.
Fry the onion for 2 minutes to 3 minutes.
- When the onion starts to turn pink, add chopped potato to it.
Add one spoon turmeric powder and a little salt.
Remember the amount of salt should be according to the quantity of potatoes.
- Not according to the whole vegetable, if you add salt according to the whole vegetable, then all the salt will be filled in the potato and the vegetable will not taste good at all.
- Therefore, add salt according to the quantity of potatoes.
Now mix potato, onion, turmeric, and salt with a spoon.
- After this, cover the plate on the potato.
If you want to cook potatoes quickly, then place heavy utensils on a plate. So that the steam does not come out and the potato will cook quickly.
- Open the plate after 4 minutes.
If the potato is not cooked, stir the potato with a spoon and cover it again with a plate.
Open the plate after 3 minutes, by now the potatoes will be cooked.
After this add chopped brinjals to the kadhai/ fry pan.
Now mix the brinjal/eggplant well, add a spoon of coriander powder and a little salt to the brinjal/eggplant.
Keep in mind that you have already added salt, so this time, add less salt.
Now mix coriander powder and salt well and cover it with a plate.
Open the plate after 5 minutes and stir the vegetable with a spoon and cover the vegetable again with a plate.
Open the plate again after 3 minutes to 4 minutes.
- Now make a space in the center according to the photo is given below in the kadhai/ fry pan.
- Now put the ground tomato in the middle of the empty space and cover the tomato with brinjal.
- After this, cover the vegetable with a plate.
Now open the plate after 4 minutes to 5 minutes.
Now mix all the vegetables well with a spoon.
- If the size of the brinjal looks large, then mash the brinjals lightly with the help of a spoon.
- Now add half teaspoon red chili powder, one teaspoon Amchur powder and 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder to the vegetable.
Do not add garam masala if you do not want to add garam masala.
Mix spices well in the vegetable.
Fry the vegetables 2 minutes to 3 minutes.
Brinjal potato vegetable is ready.
Serve with chopped coriander leaves.
Enjoy brinjal potato vegetable with puri, paratha, chapati or dal, rice.
- If you consider the eggplant as flatulent and then avoid eating it.
- Then you will be deprived of the potassium and fiber present in it.
- 100 grams of brinjal has essential ingredients such as 618 mg potassium, 525 mg calcium, 17 grams carbohydrates, 6 mg iron, 6.4 mg vitamin A and 8 grams protein.
- With this, the problem of insomnia is overcome and the body’s immunity increases.
Serving: 100gram | Calories: 17kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 84mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg