Poha is very easy and a good breakfast for health. Poha is very popular in Maharashtra but it is easy and tasty snack to be used as a breakfast all over India. Poha is made in a very tasty way using rye onion, potato, lemon juice, curry leaves and tomatoes. You can also add peanuts to it, in the same way, you can eat poha raw in water or milk mixed with salt and sugar. Or you can fry it lightly in oil. In Chhattisgarh, raw poha is mixed with jaggery and also eaten.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 People
Cost 30 rupee
- 200 grams Raw beaten rice or poha
- 1 Unit Potato
- 1 Unit Tomato
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas
- 4-5 tsp Raw Peanut
- 1 Unit Green Chili
- 1 Medium Size onion
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Green coriander leaves
- 5-6 Leaves Curry Patta
- as per taste Salt
- 3 tsp Oil , for frying peanuts
- 1 tsp Oil, To make Poha
- First take 200 grams of poha.
- If poha is dirty then clean it. Then wash the poha in a sieve.
- 1 medium size finely chopped onion.
- 1 medium size potato peel cut into small pieces.
- Take 4 to 5 teaspoons of peanuts.
- Chop a tomato into small pieces.
- Chop a green chili into small pieces.
- Now put the kadai / pan on the gas.
- Put 2 to 3 tsp of oil in the kadai / pan.
- When the oil is hot, add raw peanuts to it.
- Fry peanuts on medium heat.
- When the peanuts are fried, take them out in a separate plate.
- Now add chopped potatoes in the oil left in the kadai / pan.
- Fry the potatoes on medium heat.
- When the potatoes are fried, take them out in a separate plate.
- Meanwhile, put half a cup of peas in a pan on the second gas and add half a cup of water to the medium flame.
- When the peas start boiling, turn off the gas and remove the water from the peas and keep it in a separate bowl.
- If oil is left in the pan, use the same oil if there is no oil left in the pan, then put one spoon of oil in the kadai / pan. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds to it.
- When the mustard seeds crackle then add curry leaves to the mustard seeds.
- Then add green chili.
- When the green chillies fry lightly, add chopped onions to the kadai / pan.
- Now fry the onion, when the onion starts to turn brown, add chopped tomatoes to the onion.
- Mix the tomatoes with the onion and add light salt and half a teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Do not add too much salt, add according to the quantity of tomatoes.
- Now mix the salt in the tomatoes and cover the lid.
- After a minute remove the lid from the pan and stir the tomatoes again.
- If the tomato is cooked, add poha to it.
- Mix the poha well and add some salt.
- Also add boiled green peas.
- Then add fried potatoes to the poha. And fry poha for a minute on medium heat.
- Then add fried peanuts to the poha and fry for one to two minutes.
- Then add 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice and mix.
- After adding the juice, add green coriander and mix well.
- Then add half teaspoon red chili powder and mix.
- Delicious poha is ready. Serve Poha and Enjoy Poha with Tea.
Serving: 100gram | Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 84mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 213IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg