Taro / Colocasia / Arbi or Ghuiya Curry( Raseele ) Recipe
Colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan is often enjoyed by people, it can also be made with spices, curd and plain, it can be made as well as the dry vegetable of colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan and it is delicious to eat colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan gravy recipe too.Today, we will see how to make the gravy recipe of colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan. Follow the below method step by step to make colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan gravy recipe…
Servings 4 People
Cost 30 rupee
- Kadhai / Fry Pan
- 10-12 unit Taro/ Colocasia/ Ghuiyan/ Arbi, or 200 grams
- 1 unit Big Onion / Bada Pyaz, or 100 grams
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder/ Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander / Dhaniya Powder
- 1 pinch Asafoetida / Heeng
- 1/2 tsp Carom / Ajwain Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin/ Jeera Seeds
- 3 tsp Oil / Tel
- 1 unit Green Chili / Hari Mirch
- 7-8 unit Garlic / Lahsun
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder / Lal Mirch Powder
- 1 tsp Raw Mango Powder/Amchur Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chat Masala Powder
- as per taste Salt / Namak
- Take about 200 grams or 10 or 12 colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan to make colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan gravy vegetables.
- Peel off the taro/ colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan with knives.
- Rinse the colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan well with water.
- Keep in mind that there is no soil left in the colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan.
- Cut the colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan into round slices.
- Take a large onion or about 100 grams of onion, finely chop the onion.
- Peel 6 to 4 garlic and finely chop. Then add chopped garlic, chopped green chili and chopped ginger.
- Cut 3 teaspoons green coriander leaves.
- Put the kadhai/ fry pan on the gas.
- Put two to three teaspoons of oil in the kadhai/ fry pan.
- Turn the flame on high.
- Put 1/2 spoon of cumin/ jeera seeds in the kadhai/ fry pan.
- When the cumin starts crackling, then add 1/2 spoon of carom/ ajwain seed.
- Add a pinch of asafoetida in kadhai/ fry pan.
- Add chopped green chili, garlic, ginger to the kadhai/ fry pan.
- Fry ginger and garlic well.
- Add finely chopped onion in kadhai/ fry pan once the ginger and garlic are fried.
- Fry the onion.
- Fry the onion till light brown.
- When onion turns light brown, add one spoon turmeric powder to it.
- Mix turmeric powder with onion.
- After this, add chopped colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan in the kadhai/ fry pan.
- Mix the colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan well in the onion.
- After this, add salt in colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan and mix salt well in colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan.
- After this, add 150 grams or one cup of water in colocasia/ arbi or ghuiyan.
- Cover the kadhai/ fry pan with a plate.
- Turn down the flame to medium.
- Remove the plate from the kadhai/ fry pan after 10 minutes, stir the colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan with a spoon.
- Now put 400 grams or 2.5 cups of water in the kadhai/ fry pan. If you want more stock then you can add a half cup of more water.
- Keep the flame on medium.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder in colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan.
- Mix the spices well.
- Cover the kadhai/ fry pan again with a plate.
- Remove the plate of kadhai/ fry pan after 7 to 8 minutes.
- Press colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan with a spoon to see if colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan is cooked or not.
- Add about a teaspoon of raw mango/ khatai powder to the colocasia/ arbi or ghuiyan.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of chat masala powder with it, if you do not want to add chat masala powder then do not add chat masala powder.
- Mix raw mango/ khatai powder and chat masala powder well. Turn down the flame.
- Allow the curry recipe to cook on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander to the curry.
- Serve the colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan gravy recipe hot.
You can also try below taro/ colocasia / arbi or ghuiyan recipes …