Mattha Tadka/ Whey Tempering
Everyone likes whey liquid/ mattha.Some people like to eat whey with salt and others with sugar.Whey is the liquid remaining after milk has been curdled and strained in the process of making cheese.Today we will see how to do tadka/ tempering in whey. Eating white salt or black salt in whey gives a lot of relief and soothes to the stomach and is also very good for health.Follow the below given method step by step to make mattha tadka or whey tempering…
Servings 4 people
Cost 15 rupee
- Big Bowl
- Spatula/ Big Spoon
- 250 grams Whey
- 1/2 tsp Cumin / Jeera Seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida / Heeng
- 1 tsp Mustard Oil/ Sarson Tel
- as per taste Black Salt
- First take 250 grams of whey/ mattha in a vessel or bowl.
- Take one whole red chily.
- Put a spoon on the gas. Keep the flame on medium.
- After this, pour one teaspoon mustard oil in a spoon.
- When the oil is hot, break half teaspoon of cumin and one red chilli into it.
- As soon as the cumin starts crackling, add a pinch ofasafoetida. Keep in mind cumin should properly crackle
- After this, pour the tempering in the whey/ mattha, cover the vessel with a plate as soon as you add the tempering.
- So that the fragrance of asafetida should remain in the whey liquid or mattha.
- Remove the plate after 10 seconds.
- When you have to eat whey, add black salt as per taste before adding it to the whey. If you add salt to the whey long before eating,the whey will turn sour.
- Take the whey in a bowl and eat it with food, or you can also eat the whey separately.
- Whey liquid/ mattha is very good and soothing for the stomach in summer, with it, whey also reduces body heat.
- Liquid whey contains lactose, vitamins, protein, and minerals, along with traces of fat.
- Because whey contains lactose, it should be avoided by those who are lactose intolerant.
- When used as a food additive, whey can contribute to quantities of lactose far above the level of tolerance of most lactose-intolerant individuals.