Bengal Gram Bottle Gourd Dal/Chana Lauki Dal/चना लौकी दाल
Both Bengal gram lentil and bottle gourd are very beneficial for health.Bottle Gourd is also called Dudhi.It is very easy to make bengal gram gourd lentils, just before you make it, soak the lentils in water for a while.Every day we get bored eating the same type of lentils. Therefore, Chana dal changes the taste as well as is also nutritious for the body.Especially for those who are vegetarian, lentils contain protein as well as folic acid.Which is very important for the growth of the body and also for the strength of muscles.Follow the steps given below to make bengal gram gourd/chana lauki dal …
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 People
Cost 40 rupee
- Big Spoon
- Mixer Grinder
- 1/2 Cup Bengal Gram Lentil / Chane Ki Dal
- 2 Unit Tomato / Tamatar
- 2 Cup Bottle Gourd / Lauki
- 2 tsp Desi Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed / Jeera
- 1 tsp Turmeric / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili / Lal Mirch Powder
- 1/2 tsp Raw Mango / Khatai Powder
- 1 pinch Asafoetida / Heeng
- as per taste Salt / Namak
Take half cup of Bengal gram lentil to make chana dal.
Soak bengal gram lentils in water.
Put bengal gram lentils in water for one hour.
Take a bottle gourd, finely chop 2 cup bottle gourd.
Keep in mind that the bottle gourd has to be chopped finely if cut thick, chana lauki dal will not be good.
Simultaneously take 2 medium-sized tomatoes.And also take a piece of green chili, one-inch ginger.
Now cut the tomatoes in big size and put them in a jar of mixer grinder and also add green chili and ginger pieces.
Now grind tomatoes, green chillies, ginger in the grinder.Keep this mixture aside.
Finely chop a medium-sized onion.
- After one hour, remove the Bengal gram lentils with water and wash them thoroughly with water.
Now put the cooker on the gas.Turn up the flame.
Add one spoon of desi ghee to the cooker.
When the ghee gets hot, add one teaspoon cumin seeds to the ghee.
When cumin starts crackling, add a pinch of asafoetida.
Now immediately add the chopped onion.
Fry the onion until light brown.
When onions are roasted add one teaspoon turmeric powder and one teaspoon coriander powder.
Turn down the flame to medium.
- Now add the tomato paste that we made.
Cook this mixture.
Cook the mixture until the masala starts leaving oil.
Now pour the chopped bottle gourd into the cooker.
Add the washed Bengal gram dal along with it.
Now cook the bottle gourd and lentils well with the mixture.
- Add salt as well.
Then add half a teaspoon of red chili powder.
Mix all the spices.
- Add 2.5 cups of water in the cooker.
Close the lid of the cooker.
Turn the flame on high.
Allow the first 2 whistles to come on high in the cooker.
Now reduce the flame to low.
Now allow 2 more whistles on low flame.
- Now turn off the gas.
Wait for the pressure to come out of the cooker.
When the pressure goes out, open the cooker.
Add half teaspoon garam masala powder to the cooker and add half teaspoon of sour powder along with it.
Do not add garam masala powder if garam masala is not liked.
Now close the cooker with a lid so that the garam masala mixes well.
Open the cooker after 3 to 4 minutes.
Chana gourd dal is ready.
- Serve with chopped coriander in the lentils.
Serve this dal with rice.
- You can also enjoy bengal gram gourd lentils with paratha and roti.
- Bengal gram has good amount of iron, sodium, selenium and small amount of copper zinc and manganese. They are a rich source of protein.
- They are also a very good source of folic acid and fiber and contain phytochemicals called saponins, which can act as antioxidants.
- Bengal grams enhance the utilization of glucose and are therefore good for diabetic patients.
- They help cure digestive problems like indigestion, dysentery, vomiting, dyspepsia and diarrhea.
- Bengal gram juice known for a rich source of iron and that is highly beneficial for the iron deficiency anemia.
Serving: 1Cup | Calories: 0.125kcal | Carbohydrates: 26.49g | Protein: 9.98g | Fat: 2.14g