Arhar Daal Fry
Daal is all time recipe, you can have daal with rice and chapati. Arhar Daal / Pigeon pea with rice and desi ghee feels yummy. Daal is important part of meal and full of protein specially for vegetarian person.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 people
- Pressure Cooker
- Kadhai / Fry Pan
- Big Spoon
- 1 cup Arhar Daal
- 1 tsp Turmeric (haldi) powder
- 1 unit Tomato, chopped
- 1 unit onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 tsp Desi Ghee or Oil
Salt as per taste
- 4 cup Water
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 1 unit whole red chilly
- Take 1 cup of arhar daal / Pigeon Pea.
- Wash arhar dal and put it into a cooker.
- Add 4 cup of water and turmeric and salt, cover the cooker with lid. Flame of gas should be high, Give 2 whistle on the high flame and 2 on the low flame
- Take kadhai or fry pan and put 1 tsp desi ghee in a kadhai or frying pan.
- Once the desi ghee becomes hot put cumin seed in the kadhai when it starts crackling after that add chopped garlic after 10 sec similarly adds chopped onion and whole red chilly.
- Fry the onion and garlic till it becomes brown. Add asafoetida in the kadhai (fry pan).
- Add the chopped tomato in the kadhai (fry pan) and add a small amount salt, fit for added tomato, fry the tomato.
- Place the lid on the kadhai so that the tomato will be properly cooked.
Remove the lid after 30 seconds and mash the tomato with a spatula.
Do not make juice of tomato mixture.
- Once the tomato is cooked, add the cooked arhar daal in the kadhai (fry pan).
Add 1/4 tsp mango (amchur) powder (optional).
- Place the lid of kadhai for 30 seconds.
- As arhar daal is ready to eat. Shift the daal in the serving bowl and add coriander leaves.
- You can also add coriander leaves in the last step. Arhar Daal Fry is ready, Enjoy Arhar Daal Fry with chapati and rice.
Arhar Daal Fry with rice and 1 tsp of desi ghee gives immense pleasure while eating. Enjoy the food.
Serving: 100grams | Calories: 0.347kcal